Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

IPP samples and Visual Studio 2010 compatibility

martishka
Beginner
Hi,

I'm having the following issue. I recently switched from Visual Studio 2005 to 2010 and tried to rebuild my custom MPEG4 decoder built from the IPP samples.

I'm getting the following error:

vm_file_win.c(1173): error C2198: 'vswprintf' : too few arguments for call

As it turns out nowvswprintf receives 4 arguments now not 3. This is easily fixed because the buffer has a fixed size.The more important question is: Are the samples tested on Visual Studio 2010 (can there be parts that are compiling but do not work correctly).

Regards,
Martin.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Hi Martin,

This probably doesn't help you much since I cannot speak for Intel, but I have been using the samples with VS2010without problem for a long time.

Peter
0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Martin,
Sure, IPP samples are built and tested with VS2010.
Sometimes issues, like you decribed, happen when dealing with many branch projects and their character sets in Property/General are mixed up. Please check you use the same settings of character sets.
BTW, there also was a problem with VS2010 (https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/465591/vswprintf-yields-either-error-or-warning). I hope they fixed that issue.
Regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
martishka
Beginner
Thank you Sergey.

The_CRT_NON_CONFORMING_SWPRINTFS preprocessor define did the trick.

Regards,
Martin.
0 Kudos