Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

IPP watershed algorithm gives different result in release and debug on x64 platform

ywu
Beginner

Hello,

I am using the watershed algirhtm in IPP library for some image segmentation task, but found the debug and release build give different result.

Below is the code that I called the watershed function:

int flag = IPP_SEGMENT_DISTANCE | IPP_SEGMENT_BORDER_8;

ippStatus = ippiSegmentWatershed_8u16u_C1IR(pSrc, srcStep, pMarker, markerStep, roiSize, ippiNormL2, flag, pBuffer);

I checked the input values (including pSrc, srcStep, pMarker, markerStep, roiSize, pBuffer) are all same for debug and release. However, the output (pMarker) is different.

The image size is 1254*922. Here is the values I get when I debuged the program, for both debug and release, before call the ipp watershed function:

pSrcStep: 1280, markerStep: 2520, roiSize:{1254, 922}. The pSrc and pMarker are also same for debug and release.

However, pMarker values is different after called the function.

By the way, I run the program under 64 bit platform, The debug and release result are same if running under 32 bit.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hello, Is the result different for all kind of image input or special image? Could you please tell the IPP verison information like ippInit(); const IppLibraryVersion* lib = ippcvGetLibVersion(); printf("%s %s %d.%d.%d.%d\n", lib->Name, lib->Version, lib->major, lib->minor, lib->majorBuild, lib->build); and a small test case which can reproduce the problem will be helpful. Best Regards, Ying
0 Kudos