cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Woody_C_
Beginner

IPP2017 Custom library tool - not usable

Hi,

I am using IPP 2017.0.0098 on Debian Wheezy. Everything is great except for the custom library tool. There are 3 ways to use the tool. Unfortunately, none of them work for me.

• Command line tool: Error: Compilers and Libraries files aren't found!
    • I have read that it relies on relative path to find the libraries. I tried calling the tool from different folder levels with no luck.
    • Can we have a parameter to specify the library path?
  • GUI-GTK2: "Autobuild" and "Save build script" buttons are gone
  • GUI_GTK3:
    • ./ipp_custom_library_tool_gui: symbol lookup error: ./libwx_gtk3u_core-3.1.so.0: undefined symbol: gdk_wayland_display_get_type
    • I understand I probably need a newer GTK. Well, I am stuck with Wheezy.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,

Woody

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jing_X_Intel
Employee

Hi Woody,

• Command line tool:

There is a "readme.htm" under the custom_library_tool folder, please refer to it for its usage.

Basically, you may assign the path of compilers_and_libraries with a "-c" switch in the command line, like "-c /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.0.098".

• GUI-GTK2:

Under investigation

• GUI-GTK3:

It seems to be a gtk library issue.

By reading elf information of libwx_gtk3u_core-3.1.so.0 with command "readelf -s libwx_gtk3u_core-3.1.so.0", we may find that the function "gdk_wayland_display_get_type" is actually called by this library.

To investigate where this function lies in, we may execute command "ldd libwx_gtk3u_core-3.1.so.0", it provides library dependency list of libwx_gtk3u_core-3.1.so.0. libgdk-3.so.0 should appear inside the list. In my Ubuntu, the libgdk-3.so.0 is located at "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu".

Again, by reading elf information of libgdk-3.so.0 with command "readelf -s path/libgdk-3.so.0 | grep gdk_wayland_display_get_t", there should be highlighted item indicating the function is defined in this library.

Please test this, and let us know if your results of execution of these commands are different.

Woody_C_
Beginner

Thanks very much Jing.

Command line tool: Thanks very much. I did read "readme.htm" and -h help message many times but for some reason I missed that option.

GUI-GTK3: I did check the linkage before posting but I didn't do readelf. As expected, the gtk3 on my system does not have gdk_wayland_display_get_t

readelf -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk-3.so.0.400.2 | grep gdk_wayland_display_get_t

returned nothing.

I am happy as the command line tool is working. I really appreciate your help.

Jing_X_Intel
Employee

Good to hear command line tool's got working.

Upgrading gtk lib should solve the problem. Version of gtk lib in my machine is libgdk-3.so.0.1000.8.

Cheers