Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP2017 Custom library tool - not usable

Woody_C_
Beginner

Hi,

I am using IPP 2017.0.0098 on Debian Wheezy. Everything is great except for the custom library tool. There are 3 ways to use the tool. Unfortunately, none of them work for me.

• Command line tool: Error: Compilers and Libraries files aren't found!
    • I have read that it relies on relative path to find the libraries. I tried calling the tool from different folder levels with no luck.
    • Can we have a parameter to specify the library path?
  • GUI-GTK2: "Autobuild" and "Save build script" buttons are gone
  • GUI_GTK3:
    • ./ipp_custom_library_tool_gui: symbol lookup error: ./libwx_gtk3u_core-3.1.so.0: undefined symbol: gdk_wayland_display_get_type
    • I understand I probably need a newer GTK. Well, I am stuck with Wheezy.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,

Woody

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jing_Xu
Employee

Hi Woody,

• Command line tool:

There is a "readme.htm" under the custom_library_tool folder, please refer to it for its usage.

Basically, you may assign the path of compilers_and_libraries with a "-c" switch in the command line, like "-c /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.0.098".

• GUI-GTK2:

Under investigation

• GUI-GTK3:

It seems to be a gtk library issue.

By reading elf information of libwx_gtk3u_core-3.1.so.0 with command "readelf -s libwx_gtk3u_core-3.1.so.0", we may find that the function "gdk_wayland_display_get_type" is actually called by this library.

To investigate where this function lies in, we may execute command "ldd libwx_gtk3u_core-3.1.so.0", it provides library dependency list of libwx_gtk3u_core-3.1.so.0. libgdk-3.so.0 should appear inside the list. In my Ubuntu, the libgdk-3.so.0 is located at "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu".

Again, by reading elf information of libgdk-3.so.0 with command "readelf -s path/libgdk-3.so.0 | grep gdk_wayland_display_get_t", there should be highlighted item indicating the function is defined in this library.

Please test this, and let us know if your results of execution of these commands are different.

0 Kudos
Woody_C_
Beginner

Thanks very much Jing.

Command line tool: Thanks very much. I did read "readme.htm" and -h help message many times but for some reason I missed that option.

GUI-GTK3: I did check the linkage before posting but I didn't do readelf. As expected, the gtk3 on my system does not have gdk_wayland_display_get_t

readelf -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk-3.so.0.400.2 | grep gdk_wayland_display_get_t

returned nothing.

I am happy as the command line tool is working. I really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Jing_Xu
Employee

Good to hear command line tool's got working.

Upgrading gtk lib should solve the problem. Version of gtk lib in my machine is libgdk-3.so.0.1000.8.

Cheers

0 Kudos