Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPPCore functions in Custom IPP DLL

overspawn
Beginner
If I include functions from ippcore to custom DLL then I am getting errors. I am using IPP custom dll sample project provided with the library. Can't I useippcore in custom DLL?May I use both ippcore and ippcorel?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

What functions did you call from ippcore? The ippcore.lib is for dynamic linkage while the ippcorel.lib is used for static linkage.

Thanks,
Ying S
Intel IPP Support

0 Kudos
overspawn
Beginner
The problem was that I couldn't include someippcore functions into FUNCLIST.H (as usual) without getting error messages.
But looks like it's not really required. I can just add ippcore functions to .DEF fileto export them
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Yes, you are right, you do not need to include ippCore functions to FUNCLIST.H file, because there are no processor specific optimization in this functions. To export thme in your custom DLL you need only place them into export.def file.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
hasenummer7
Beginner
I encountered a similar problem: I tried to build a custom dll, placed

ippiColorTwist32f_8u_C3R in *.def and funclist.h. The creation of the custom dll was successful. If I link against the custom dll (to use it in my application) I get

ColorConversionAlgorithm.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippCoreGetStatusString@4 referenced in function "public: static long __cdecl ConvertYBR_FULLtoRGB(class CImage const &,CImage &)" (?ConvertYBR_FULLtoRGB@SAJABVCImage@2345@AAV62345@@Z)

Therefore I tried toexport ippCoreGetStatusString within the custom dll by placing it into *.def. In that case I get

IPPCustomd.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ippCoreGetCpuType IPPCustomd.lib : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Adding the method to funclist.h gives even more errors.

Is there a way to overcome this problem? Currently I have no idea how to use my custom library.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
you need not to list functions from ippcore library in funclist.h or *.def files. You need only link static version of ippcore library to your custom DLL.
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos