Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IXDP425 schematic and help for customisation

queenied
Beginner

Hello,

Iam a newbie in this field. Iam working on customising U-boot bootloader on my customised target board

having IXP425 266Mhz.

I have downloaded u-boot-1.1.6. Also I have downloaded the npe microcode from intel website (IPL_ixp400NpeLibrary-2_4). The tool chain I have downloaded is arm-linux-tools-20061213.tar.gz. I have added the toolchain in my $PATH (.bash_profile file). I complied my u-boot for IXDP425 by giving the command "make ixdp425_config" and the "make all"
I have complied U-boot using arm-linux-tools-20061213.tar.gz . also added the npe microcode in the /cpu/ixp/npe folder and it complied sucessfully giving me u-boot.bin and u-boot.srec file.

I loaded the u-boot.bin in my flash (0x50000000) using an ICE. After that i tried booting the board but could see nothin no my console. SDRAM is at 0x00000000.

Now if i connect a lan cable from my system to LAN of my customised target platform, i get the Lan led on my target board glowing. I observed in the schematics of my board that the Leds r driven my the GPIO pins. Also I checked that my console is connected to UART1 in my schematics. On my customised target board, Iam having IXP425 266Mhz, 16MB SDRAM ( 2 SDRAM chips of 16MB each connected to CS0, Datalines r D0-D15 to 1 SDRAM chip and D16-D31 to the other SDRAM chip) , Flash used is 8MB through 16 data lines.

To check whether the target console works fine, I downloaded Redboot prebuilt Utility and burnt it in the flash using an ICE. I tried with the redboot_rom.bin, redboot_romram.bin. For both, the console came up and gave the redboot prompt but i could not save any changes i made using the "fconfig" command at the redboot prompt. However when i tried with the redboot_ram.bin, i could did not observe anything on the console.

Can anyone help/guide me through?

Can I get the schematics for the IXDP425 so I can check the differences in my

customised target board?

Can someone guide me to compile the redboot, using the same arm-linux-tools-

20061213.tar.gz toolchain?

--
Queenie

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Dear Customer,

We found this web site may help you contactyour local Intel represenative to follow up your concern:
http://www.intel.com/buy/networking/design.htm?matrix=npfamily∏=IXP425

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
Ying S
Intel Corp.
0 Kudos