Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

Image row and column sum functions in IPP?

david-brown2
Beginner
I am new to the Intel IPP. I have looked through the documentation and played with the ippIP Demo program. I am looking for functions that would output a 1-dimensional array of the sum across rows or along columns of an image or sub-image defined by an ROI. Do such functions exist in the IPP?
Thanks,
Dave
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Dave, please look at the Image Statistics Functins ( see Image Processing manual) which implements the list of functions that can be used to compute many statisctical parameters of an image.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
david-brown2
Beginner
Gennady, I have looked at the Image Statistics Functions and did not see any that performed the operations I am looking for. The Sum operation produces a single sum of all the pixels in a specified region. The Integral function also does not sum across rows or down columns. If the IPP does not contain these I can write them myself, but if it did I wanted to use them.
To clarify, using the data below:
pSrc -> 1 2
5 6
7 8
SumRows would return a 4-element array containing: 3, 7, 11, 15
SumColumns would return a 2-element array containing: 16, 20
--Dave
0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The IPPfunctionsippsSumRows_x() adn ippsSumColumns_() in ipps manual ippsman.pdfseemsbe able to perform the operations.

Regards,
Ying

0 Kudos
apolo74
Beginner
Hello everybody,
I'm also with the need of using a sum of rows/columns for my application (actually I need the mean of all rows/columns in an image, but if I get the sum I can divide this by the size of the columns/rows) but can't find the ippsSumColumns_() or ippsSumRows_()... It seems they have been removed from the new ipps libraries, is this so? In ippi exists something similar:ippiSumWindowRow_8u32f_C1R, my problem is that my source matrix is a Ipp32f* and this function needs a Ipp8u*, do you guys know how to solve this?
Boris
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Boris,

ippsSumColumns_()/ippsSumRows were speech recognition functions, which are not included in the IPP 7.0.

To sum a row, you can use ippsSum_32f as a replacement.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Roder__Paul
Beginner

Hi I need this function to row sum or column sum as well.  This seems like a very common need.  The result must return the 1D array of values, not a single value, so ippsSum_32f is not correct.  Is there an easy way to get this from IPP?

0 Kudos