Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Installing redistributable

Graham
Beginner

How do I include the IPP redistributable in my application's installer under VS2005?

If I just include the redist files the generated installer runs IPP install which then fails becuase nesting msi packages in not allowed. I getthis error.

"another installation is already in progress"

This is more a MS issue but other devlopers must have a solution that works with IPP.

Please help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
grant-keinzley
Beginner
Quoting - Graham

How do I include the IPP redistributable in my application's installer under VS2005?

If I just include the redist files the generated installer runs IPP install which then fails becuase nesting msi packages in not allowed. I getthis error.

This is more a MS issue but other devlopers must have a solution that works with IPP.

Please help.

0 Kudos
grant-keinzley
Beginner
Quoting - Graham

Please help.

Try using Installshiel

http://www.acresso.com/products/is/installshield-overview.htm

I had a similar problem with VS2005 and found that Installshield successfully packaged all of the required files into a single installer from which I could edit which parts were to be installed in which order and ask the installer to wait until one install was complete before initiating the next.

Worked for me :)

0 Kudos