Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Introductions

Amanda_S_Intel
Employee
Hi My name is Amanda Sharp and I am an Intel IPP Technical Consulting Engineer. I look forward to contributing to this forum and I am very interested in what other participants have to say. I know I will learn a lot. Please use this thread to introduce yourself to the community.
Be sure to check out other resources including the Intel IPP web site for product specifications and whitepapers, and also the Intel IPP support site for FAQs, technical notes, and errata.
0 Kudos
40 Replies
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Hi:
Weclome toIntel IPP forum!

My name is Ying Song, an Technical Consulting Engineer for Intel IPP.
I am very excited toshare IPP product experience and knowledge with each of you in this new place. :-)
I am also very interested in hearing from you aboutany feedback on our product and help us to improve the quality of our product.

Look forward to hearing from you soon :-)
Ying Song
Intel Corp.
(For Intel IPP official technical support, please use Intel Premier Support at https://premier.intel.com)

Message Edited by jhmargat on 12-19-2003 08:39 AM

0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi,
My name is Vladimir Dudnik and Iamthe co-manager ofIPP Media team.I will moderate this forum. Wewelcome all the people interested in usingIPP and we are hoping this place willbe friendly and useful for software developers.
Regards,
Vladimir

Message Edited by jhmargat on 12-19-2003 08:41 AM

Message Edited by jhmargat on 12-19-2003 08:41 AM

0 Kudos
gvg7
Beginner
Hi friends,
I need your help. I would like to know how to use
IppStatus ippmSub_vav_32f_3x1_P (const Ipp32f** pSrc1, Ipp32s src1ROIShift,const Ipp32f** pSrc2, Ipp32s src2ROIShift, Ipp32f** pDst, Ipp32s dstROIShift, Ipp32u count) with an example. Thank you very much.
Regards,
GVG7.
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Thanks for your work!
0 Kudos
Stewart_T_Intel
Employee

Hi. I'm Stewart Taylor. I was the chief architect of IPP from the beginning (andsome of thehigher-level libraries that preceded it) until abouttwo years ago. I recently completed a book on the API to be published this month by Intel Press. The book, titled Intel Integrated Performance Primitives: How to Optimize Software Applications Using Intel IPP, contains dozens of examples with detailed explanations of how to use IPP across all of its domains.

I'm going to be participating in this forum over the next few weeks to answer some questions and engage indiscussionsabout the book and about IPP.

Stewart

0 Kudos
pycmuk
Beginner
offtop question 2 sntaylor
Where i can order your book?

Message Edited by vdudnik on 05-25-2004 01:54 PM

0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Three ways you can order, please check this web site http://www.intel.com/intelpress/sum_ipp.htm
and find the order information on the right side of page.

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
Ying
0 Kudos
vadimeg
Beginner
Hi,

What about translations of this book? Are they available now or might be planned to be translated? I'm interested in russian version.

Thanks,
Vadim.
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Vadim,

Actually, I don't know about translation of this book to russian, but usually, programmers know english somehow, is not it? But I like your idea:)

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
yeahdixon
Beginner

0 Kudos
yeahdixon
Beginner
I renamed this message, to make it more visible. Please use appropriate subject for messages, to make it simple for people to find them.
Vladimir
I am using primarily OpenCv functions. Sometimes it is nice to use the Ipp functions. What is an easy way to convert IplImage to Ipp and vice versa?

Message Edited by vdudnik on 05-25-2004 01:46 PM

0 Kudos
kokfai
Beginner
Hi.I'm kok fai here...i'm software engineer and hv been technical support pass few years...and i dun know wht IPP all about...anyway...i will go through the intel website to get some intro there....hope any expert here guide me wht is IPP all about..thanks...nice to meet u all
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
you are welcome!
IPP is set of libraries which contains Intel Architecture optimized implementation of functions for wide range areas, like media (speech, video and audio codecs), 1D and 2D signal processing (filtering, DCT, WT and so one), cryptography and lot of other.
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
bijilash
Beginner
Hi.. We are planning to check how IPP could help us in our Scientific programming....
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi
welcome to IPP world:)
I hope you'll find these libraries useful for your work.
We'll waiting for feedback from you.
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
vitorvtb
Beginner

Doknow how to implement a simple delay audio effect using IPP(for XScale)? Or some code source or URL that helps me?

Im working on a Dsp project using EVC(embedded visual c++) and some source code will be very useful

Vitor Braga

0 Kudos
amoreira
Beginner
Hello

I'm a researcher at Minho University, I've worked for some time with image processing / computer vision.

I developed some code of my own and tried some major optimizations. Now that I found out about intel IPP... all of my previous work is TRASH!

I'm working with non-linear attractor dynamics applied to autonomous flying robots and some of my work benefits from the use of IPP.

I'm working under Linux with a QT aplication and also with a console appliaction with SVGALIB.

Thanks for this excellent tool you developed. It's great!

Andr Moreira
Inteligent Autonomous Robotics & Non-Linear Dynamics Systems Laboratory
Minho University - Portugal
0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Thanks for your comments.
Ying
0 Kudos
joe1
Beginner
Hi,
My name is Joe Zou. Nice to meet you!
I have some questions to IPP deta5.0, could you help me to solve them? I can describe them and gain your best help. Thanks.
My E-mail; joe@ovt.com.cn
0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Dear Customer,
Please let us know what your questions are.

You can always contact us for product support via Intel Premier Support.

For IPP 5.0 beta issues, please submit them into product "Beta Intel IPP for Windows*", "Beta Intel IPP for Linux*" and "Beta Intel IPP Samples".

Thanks,
Ying
0 Kudos