Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Ipp libraries for Android Studio

Lee_D_
Beginner

Hi,

I've developed an app using Android Studio and I'd like to incorporate some existing C++ graphic functions from a Windows based program. I've got the NDK installed to handle the C++ but can't link the IPP libraries that I downloaded with System Studio. I see some documentation for running the samples in Eclipse but none for Android Studio. Can they be included in Android Studio projects and is there any documentation for it?

Thank you in advance,

Lee

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Lee,

Are going to build a JNI library on a base of your C++ functions? If yes, you need to create a JNI subdirectory for your source code files and all required makefiles (Android.mk, Application.mk) as for NDK build. At this stage you need to add links (include and static libraries) to IPP as in IPP examples for Android. You can build library with ndk_build command script.

After you get .so library built, you can add it to Android Studio project as described in many web-pages. Google for "how to add native android library to android studio project", for example.

0 Kudos