Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

Is it still possible to purchase Intel IPP 6.1

Malek_E_
Beginner

Hello,

My company purchased a software where we have become resposible of development, maintenance and sale. IPP 6.1 was used for developing the SW using C++ under windows.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as per other posts I have concluded the following:

1- IPP is no longer available as a standalone product. This means we have to buy one of the suites. From what I saw, the most cost efficient would be Intel® Parallel Studio XE with a price of around $700

2- With a new license, it is possible to download older product versions.

This being said, I want to make sure that it is possible to download IPP 6.1 in case we buy a new license.

I would appreciate it if you clarify any misunderstanding from my side and if you could advise if the above is the most suitable approach for my case.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello, 

The old release is available for download with the new license files, but please note, IPP 6.1 is old releases, and support is only provided to the new released. 
Is it possible to move to new IPP releases?  Let us if you see any problem for this.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Malek_E_
Beginner

Dear Chao,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I understand that IPP 6.1 is not supported anymore. Future migration to a newer release is under consideration but not at the current stage of the project.

For our purpose, Intel® Parallel Studio XE would be the most cost efficient. Right?

Thanks again for the support,

Malek

0 Kudos