Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6712 Discussions

Is there a nopic version of the IPP Legacy libraries?

PennyB
Beginner

We use the IPP Speech compression libraries in one of our pieces of software.This software runs in kernel mode on linux.I have been tasked with bringing the software (previously using V7 IPP) up to date with V9/2019.

I have ported all of the required calls and linked using the nopic libraries from 2019 IPP & Crypto but there appears not to be any nopic version of the legacy libraries, which obviously causes an issue when running in kernel mode.

Will there be a legacy library update that includes nopic versions or is there any source I can compile/build that will give me nopic versions please?

Penny

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel_B_Intel1
Employee

Hi Penny,

correct, there are not legacy nonpic libraries. I do not have any idea why the libraries are absent. I think we can build nonpic legacy libraries if you need them. Will Q1 2019 date satisfy you?

Pavel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pavel_B_Intel1
Employee

Hi Penny,

correct, there are not legacy nonpic libraries. I do not have any idea why the libraries are absent. I think we can build nonpic legacy libraries if you need them. Will Q1 2019 date satisfy you?

Pavel

0 Kudos
PennyB
Beginner

That would be great, thank you :-)

0 Kudos
PeterLin
Beginner

Hello PennyB,

Sorry to bother you and I  hope I can get answer from you.

I would like to use IPP in linux kernel module but it failed to link to IPP functions, such as ippsGetLibVersion() in oneapi base it 2021.03.

In IPP 8.1,  module is built successfully. (However, video scaling not working on IPP 8.1 so I want to try other version of IPP )

my code is attached, please kindly look at it, it is very short.

Best regards!

0 Kudos