Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6708 Discussions

Is there an updated IPP custom dll script which also handles legacy lib

BaffledCoder
New Contributor I

Is there any updated intel script for creating custom DLL of selected libraries that takes account of legacy IPP 9.0 as well?
I have a script that creates a list of IPP functions used in our code and then builds a single DLL or LIB containing all the dependent intel lib. The issue is that I am also using the intel legacy function, which causes a problem as the library includes definitions according to their legacy function name, but in my code script, the function name is written in an older version which I redefine it using legacy90_redefination header.
For example, a malloc function in my code is written as

// My main.cpp file
ippu8* pBuffer = ippsmalloc_8u(10);
// Legacy interprets it as
ippu8* pBuffer = legacy90ippsmalloc_8u(10);

So, the script adds ippsmalloc_8u as a function, and when it tries to find it in libraries, it cannot find them as it is defined as legacy90ippsmalloc_8u.

Conclusion: I need an intel IPP script that creates an integrated DLL from code and considers the intel legacy library.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BaffledCoder
New Contributor I

We will need to write legacy90<FUNC>() to allow IPP custom lib to find the appropriate definition from legacy lib. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Subham,

Thanks for posting on Intel Communities.

Could you please share with us the legacy functions which you intend to use in the dll's before we get back to you with any update regarding the script?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
BaffledCoder
New Contributor I

legacy90ippiRGBToYCbCr_JPEG_8u_C3P3R
legacy90ippiDilate3x3_8u_C1IR
legacy90ippiFilter_8u_C1R
legacy90ippsFIR_32f
and many more

Right now I am using legacy90<function_name> instead of <function_name> itself to use old intel ipp script

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Subham,

We are working on your issue internally. We will get back to you soon with an update.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Subham,

The custom DLL script was written to support the current IPP release as of now. However, we will get back to you soon with an update regarding the feasibility wrt. legacy routines.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Subham,

As informed earlier, the custom DLL script was written to support the current IPP release but might work for legacy libs. If possible, you could use the legacy library available with you and try building a custom DLL using the instructions mentioned below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/dev-guide-ipp-for-oneapi/top/ipp-custom-library-tool.html 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/dev-guide-ipp-for-oneapi/top/ipp-custom-library-tool/building-a-custom-dll-with-custom-library-tool.html 

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
BaffledCoder
New Contributor I

We will need to write legacy90<FUNC>() to allow IPP custom lib to find the appropriate definition from legacy lib. 

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Subham,

We assume that your issue is resolved. Could you please let us know if we could close this case at our end?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
BaffledCoder
New Contributor I

Hi @ShanmukhS_Intel ,
Sure, you can close the issue,
Regards,

Shubham Sharrma

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Subham,

Thanks for the confirmation! If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos