Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

JPEG Example

Thaddeus_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I'm building an app for video validation. Most of the time we record frames as uncompressed YCbCR (normally 8bit 4:2:2) but we are finding a need to archive some of our content offline for reference. I already use IPPI for a lot of internal transforms and image testing, so I'm looking at a using IPPJ to do a lossless (must be absolutely lossless) frame by frame compress that we can inject silently into our existing tool chain.

my big problem is that all of the examples that I can find rely heavily on some sort of buffer stream library (I already have more of those than I need with the video) and my data is already in YCbCr.

Can anyone outline or point me at a simple example of the sequence of IPP calls I should have to make to encode/decode and what they expect?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

You might try out the latest implemenation in IPP 6.0 , Unified Image codes (UIC) class to deal with JPEG and other image formats on decoding and encoding.

Although the beta program is near to close, you can still sign up to get 60 beta and download specifically the UIC sample
http://www.intel.com/software/products/ipp/beta

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Ying

0 Kudos