Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

JPEG_INTERNAL_ERROR Encoder.cs

vikingsooner
Beginner
Every oncein a while Iam getting a JPEG_INTERNAL_ERROR on the WriteImageBaseline method. Is this because my buffer is smaller than what it needs? I have it set to the origonal image size.

- Matt
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
it seems you have integrated code from sample to your own application. Please make sure .NET garbage collector can't move memory accessed in native IPP functions (mean you correctly use 'fixed' and 'unsafe' keywords). I have no other ideas on this issue. We can't reproduce it with our sample

Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
How do you call IPP JPEG encoder? What are the parameters you are using?

Vladimir
0 Kudos
vikingsooner
Beginner
Quoting - Vladimir Dudnik
How do you call IPP JPEG encoder? What are the parameters you are using?

Vladimir

[c-sharp]public static byte[] JPEGEncode(Bitmap image, int quality)
        {
            ExampleIP.JPEGEncoder encoder = new ExampleIP.JPEGEncoder();
            BitmapData imageData = image.LockBits(new Rectangle(0,0,image.Width,image.Height), ImageLockMode.ReadOnly, PixelFormat.Format24bppRgb);
            byte[] trimmedArray = null;

try
            {
                byte[] compressedJPEG = new byte[imageData.Stride * imageData.Height];
                int realSize = 0;
                ExampleIP.JERRCODE error = ExampleIP.JERRCODE.JPEG_OK;
                error = encoder.SetSource((byte*)imageData.Scan0, imageData.Stride, new IppiSize(image.Width, image.Height), 3, ExampleIP.JCOLOR.JC_BGR);
                ThrowExceptionForJPEGError(error);
                error = encoder.SetDestination(ref compressedJPEG, imageData.Stride * image.Height,
                    quality, ExampleIP.JSS.JS_411, ExampleIP.JCOLOR.JC_YCBCR, ExampleIP.JMODE.JPEG_BASELINE, 0);
                error = encoder.WriteImageBaseline(ref realSize);
                trimmedArray = new byte[realSize];

Array.Copy(compressedJPEG, trimmedArray, realSize);
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Debug.WriteLine(ex.ToString());
            }
            finally
            {
                image.UnlockBits(imageData);
            }

return trimmedArray;
        }[/c-sharp]
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
What version of IPP do you use and are you using JPEG C# sample we provide in IPP sample package or you develop this code by your own? Could you please try the same image with original IPP sample?

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
vikingsooner
Beginner
What version of IPP do you use and are you using JPEG C# sample we provide in IPP sample package or you develop this code by your own? Could you please try the same image with original IPP sample?

Regards,
Vladimir

I'm actually using the encoder.cs you guys provided in the JPEG C# sample. I don't get JPEG_INTERNAL_ERROR on every frame of video I compress just every once in a while I get that error.
0 Kudos
vikingsooner
Beginner

Regards,
Vladimir

I'm also using Version 6 Update 1 of the library.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
it seems you have integrated code from sample to your own application. Please make sure .NET garbage collector can't move memory accessed in native IPP functions (mean you correctly use 'fixed' and 'unsafe' keywords). I have no other ideas on this issue. We can't reproduce it with our sample

Vladimir

0 Kudos
vikingsooner
Beginner

Vladimir

Your right. I found some errors in the encoder.cs file in the example. I've fixed them and attached the file. I'm also working on fixing the decoder.cs memory issues too.
0 Kudos