Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

JPEG encoding

aabusai1
Beginner
Hi,
I need to use intel IPP to jpeg compress raw data ? is that possible under IPP ? also any example
can help start implementing this ?

for the raw data I know the width and height and it's RGB.

Thanks
Amr
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

I would recommend you to take a look at IPP sample package (which is separate download available from IPP main page). Within this sample package you will find a number of IPP image codecs, for example, JPEG compression is available through well known libjpeg API, old Intel JPEG library API and new UIC (unified image codecs) framework.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
aabusai1
Beginner
Hello,

I would recommend you to take a look at IPP sample package (which is separate download available from IPP main page). Within this sample package you will find a number of IPP image codecs, for example, JPEG compression is available through well known libjpeg API, old Intel JPEG library API and new UIC (unified image codecs) framework.

Regards,
Vladimir

Hello,
I used some of the code supplied from the sample,now I can jpeg compress the raw input but the produced image has
wrong color (it consists of one color) while the original has RGB color.

any idea of what's going on ?
I used setsource ,setsparam,setDestination,writeheader and writedata) methods from jpegenf file..

thanks
Amr
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

I think it also important how do you use all these setSource, SetParams, SetDestination.. Having no look at this it is difficult to get any idea of what is going wrong.

Vladimir
0 Kudos