Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

KMP_AFFINITY

Filip_Krolupper
Beginner
Hi again guys. I have VS2005 Standard (doesnt support OPENMP) and I compiled my code with IPP. I run it on intel processor and everything works great. But if I run it on AMD processor there appears a commandline window KMP_AFFINITY not supported ... etc. I want to prevent this. My customers should not see this command line nonsense. Is there any easy way to do it? ippSetAffinity is not working ... all the possible settings dont help me.

thanks

Filip
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Thomas_Jensen1
Beginner
I had this issue too.

It seems to be a bug in Intels latest versions of the lib/dll files for TBB or OMP (threading components)

I fixed it by adding "SetEnvironmentVariable('KMP_AFFINITY','disabled');" to my application, before doing anything with IPP (in my case, before loading my custom IPP dll).

I was not able to put this into my custom dll, probably because TBB/OMP was already initialized before my code run.

You can fix the bug outside your application by adding KMP_AFFINITY=disabled to the system environment.

I hope that Intel will fix this bug soon.
0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee
Thomas, Filip,
You're right about it, there's a problem on non-Intel arhcs. Look the the topichttp://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=100563&o=a&s=lr (I don't how to add link))
Regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos