Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Large JPEG's

rolf-anders
Beginner
Hei, I am using the ijl 1.5 library to load a part of a big jpeg image. When I say big I mean realy big, the image is 61440x61440 pixels. This image is so big that the allocation in OpenCV will not allocate. The code I have now workes fine, but I would like to port it to linux. And my question is: Is there anything in the IPP or OpenCV library that can load a part of an image?

The CvvImage::LoadRect can not...

Or is there anyone that has any good ideas on how to do it?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

we provide an example how to implement IJL API on top of IPP, please take a look on IPP image-codecs samples. Although, this sample only provided for Windows, but it really should not be so difficult to port it to Linux because of cross-platform IPP nature.

Where, I mean what application area, such a huge images required? What are the other conditions in your application?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
rolf-anders
Beginner
The images are scans from laser scanners of cells, and the complete image is often even bigger. They are often devided up into multiple jpeg's. We only need to get a small portion of the image at a time. That is done with IJL today, but we want to be able to run the calculations on a linux cluster, and therefore need to find something that can load a part of the jpeg image on linux.

Have seen the IJL-IPP sample for windows. Do you mean that that can be ported without to much work to linux?
0 Kudos