Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

MPEG-4 Encoder quality control parameters

bendeguy
Beginner

Hi!

I'm using MPEG-4 Encoder with default MPEG-4 params. Unfortunatelly the resulting video is checked on some part of the picture. Can I get a better result somehow? Thanks in advance:

Bendeguy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

What do you mean by"checked"? Can you attach one frame screenshot? What version of IPP do you use and what is yourplatform?

Vladimir

0 Kudos
bendeguy
Beginner

Hi Vladimir!

I made the mistake. I played the source YUV file and I found that the original YUV image checked too(I mean I can see where the borders of the squares used during the coding). I attached the video. I use IPP 5.1.1 on Windows XP.
I have one more question. I would like to make MPEG-4 video from JPEG pictures, coming from a camera. The JPEG pictures format is YCbCr444 and as far as I know I have to use YV12 as the input of the MPEG4 Encoder. Unfortunatelly I haven't found any function to convert it. Is there anything which do the conversion? Thanks in advance,

Bendeguy

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Bendeguy,

If you understood you correctly your question is how to downsample YCbCr444 data to 420 format.

You can do that with following steps:

1. Convert prom pixel-interleaved representation to planar (if not already)

2. Downsample with ippiSampleDownRowH2V2_Box_JPEG_8u_C1 function (see JPEGView sample for example)

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos