Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

OMP: Error #15: Initializing libionp5md.dll, but found libguide40.dll already initialized

Dominic_B_
Beginner

G'Day

I have been running Corel VideoStudio X2 for my video editing, however I am now getting the below error when I try and open the program (I recently installed DVD Maker by Kaiser Baas to download VHS movies to HDD):

"OMP: Hint: This may cause performance degradation and correctness isues. Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE  to ignore this problem and force the program to continue anyway. Please note that the use of KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK is unsupported and using it may cause undefined behaivour. For more information, please see http://www.intel.com/software/products/support/."

I have found other topics and articles that discuss this issue (or similar), but I do not understand how to apply any of the suggested fixes - I am not a developer or programmer. I tried removing the libguide40.dll from the programs (Videostudio) folder, but this will not allow the program to start. Can someone please tell me how to fix this in a simple way i.e. where are the files located in the C:// to delete or change?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Hello, I am not exactly understand, do you want to know in that case, how to set the environment variables which will help you eliminate this problem? 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE to ignore this problem and force the program to continue... The message clearly explains what has to be done and you could set an environment variable manually ot programmitically. I understood that you're on a Windows platform and if Yes than: Select My Computer -> Right click -> Properties -> Advanced -> Press Environment Variables button -< Create a new variable
0 Kudos