Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

OS X/XCode and IPP problem

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi,

I am trying to use IPP on the Mac in XCode 2.4. Up until the latest release we haven't had any success with IPP in the release build and crashed when trying to call any function. With the latest build I can get the image resizing calls to work in the release build but only if I turn off dead stripping in the linker options. We are using static libraries.

Do you have any suggestions to prevent the IPP functions from being dead stripped? Is this a known issue with XCode? Is anyone using IPP under XCode sucessfully? Thanks for any info.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

first of all, could you please clarify if you do have issues with IPP sample code? Did you add IPP libs into your project?

We successfully tried to build sample project with both "dead-stripping" and without that option.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
jroadobe
Beginner
No, I haven't tried the sample code. Our project is fairly large and has several subprojects. I have opened a premiere support case with Intel and it is being looked into. Thanks.
0 Kudos