Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

OpenCV calls depend on ipl.dll

rajikha
Beginner
Hi,

I have one application which is using opencv APIs.

I have renamed the ipl.dll to __ipl.dllin my machine and running my application which is using openCV APIs.
I am getting error "This application has failed to start because ipl.dll was not found".
Do i need to have the ipl.dll to run my application?
I have IPP dlls also in my machine.

Will OpenCV usesIPP dlls orIPL dlls or its own implementation?

Regards,
Rajikha
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting rajikha
I have one application which is using opencv APIs.

I have renamed the ipl.dll to __ipl.dllin my machine and running my application which is using openCV APIs.
I am getting error "This application has failed to start because ipl.dll was not found".

[SergeyK] By renamingthe IPL.dll you've broken a dependency of your application and that is why
there isa start up error.

Do i need to have the ipl.dll to run my application?

[SergeyK] Yes, for older versions of OpenCV.

IPL
stands for IntelImage Processing Library and it is a predecessor of Image Processing domain in IPP.
Also, if your version of OpenCV uses IPL I could assume that you're using a very old version of OpenCV.

I have IPP dlls also in my machine.

Will OpenCV usesIPP dlls orIPL dlls or its own implementation?

Whatversion of OpenCV are you using?

0 Kudos
rajikha
Beginner
Hi,

I am using OpenCV Version 1.0.0
Since I have both IPP and IPL dlls in my machine, I thought OpenCV uses IPP and not IPL.
Hence I renamed the IPL dll.
Please clarify if I am using the correct version of OpenCV( which could pick up IPP dlls when both IPL and IPP dlls are avilable at the same time).

Regards,
Rajikha
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi,

Quoting rajikha
Please clarify if I am using the correct version of OpenCV( which could pick up IPP dlls when both IPL and IPP dlls are avilable at the same time).

[SergeyK] Please take a look at a link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/

There is a complete archive of OpenCVversions and you could easilyunderstandwhen a switch from IPL to IPP happened. I don't think
that there is a version of OpenCV that supports both Intel libraries.

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos