cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajikha
Beginner

OpenCV calls depend on ipl.dll

Hi,

I have one application which is using opencv APIs.

I have renamed the ipl.dll to __ipl.dllin my machine and running my application which is using openCV APIs.
I am getting error "This application has failed to start because ipl.dll was not found".
Do i need to have the ipl.dll to run my application?
I have IPP dlls also in my machine.

Will OpenCV usesIPP dlls orIPL dlls or its own implementation?

Regards,
Rajikha
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SKost
Valued Contributor II

Quoting rajikha
I have one application which is using opencv APIs.

I have renamed the ipl.dll to __ipl.dllin my machine and running my application which is using openCV APIs.
I am getting error "This application has failed to start because ipl.dll was not found".

[SergeyK] By renamingthe IPL.dll you've broken a dependency of your application and that is why
there isa start up error.

Do i need to have the ipl.dll to run my application?

[SergeyK] Yes, for older versions of OpenCV.

IPL
stands for IntelImage Processing Library and it is a predecessor of Image Processing domain in IPP.
Also, if your version of OpenCV uses IPL I could assume that you're using a very old version of OpenCV.

I have IPP dlls also in my machine.

Will OpenCV usesIPP dlls orIPL dlls or its own implementation?

Whatversion of OpenCV are you using?

rajikha
Beginner

Hi,

I am using OpenCV Version 1.0.0
Since I have both IPP and IPL dlls in my machine, I thought OpenCV uses IPP and not IPL.
Hence I renamed the IPL dll.
Please clarify if I am using the correct version of OpenCV( which could pick up IPP dlls when both IPL and IPP dlls are avilable at the same time).

Regards,
Rajikha
SKost
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

Quoting rajikha
Please clarify if I am using the correct version of OpenCV( which could pick up IPP dlls when both IPL and IPP dlls are avilable at the same time).

[SergeyK] Please take a look at a link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/

There is a complete archive of OpenCVversions and you could easilyunderstandwhen a switch from IPL to IPP happened. I don't think
that there is a version of OpenCV that supports both Intel libraries.

Best regards,
Sergey