Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Optimal 3D representation???

apolo74
Beginner
What would be the most efficient way of representing a 3D object?
In my application I'll need to apply convolution to a 3D object; this is not a problem for 1D or 2D:
1D. Ipp32f* myArray = ippsMalloc_32f( sizeX ); ...; ippsConv_32f( ... );
2D. Ipp32f* myMatrix = ippsMalloc_32f( sizeX * sizeY ); ...; ippiConvValid_32f_C1R( ... );
3D. ??? Maybe a vector of sizeZ, but then how to apply the convolution in the 3rd dimension
or a Ipp32f**, but again the same problem as before. And a really big Ipp32f* [sizeX * sizeY * sizeZ] gives me the same problem, how to apply the convolution on the 3rd dimension.
Thanks for any help and suggestion,
Boris
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Joseph_S_Intel
Employee
You might want to try using the Vector Statistical part of the Intel Math Kernel Library http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl/ it handles multidimensional convolution which would include 3D convolution
0 Kudos
apolo74
Beginner
Thanks for the tip Walter, it seems that MKL has what I need. However I was wondering if you know about future plans for IPP to include a multi-dimensional approach (Convolution, Fourier). I like these libraries very much and I would like to stay with them if possible. Thanks again for the suggestion,
Boris
0 Kudos