Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Parsing MPEG2 TS Private Stream data...

ntt73
Beginner

Does anyone have any sample code or advice on how to parse an MPEG2 TS Private Stream data? I am using Intel IPP 5.3.1.064 with ipp-samples code. I am able to use the UMC::ThreadedDeMuxer to split the video track but I can't seem to find interfaces in the UMC::MPEG2VideoDecoder class to get at the private data stream data. Tracing through the umc_mpeg2ts_parser it seems to detect the private stream type 0x6 while parsing the PMT table.

Any advice or pointers towards the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Nick,

Any progress on your application?

Paul
0 Kudos
jacobh
Beginner
It has been a while ago when I implemented the private data in my mpeg stream. And somehow there is something in the back of my head saying that private data did not correctly work with the splitter.

But what i do is :

First get the splitter info struct:
sts = m_splitter.GetInfo(&m_splInfoPt);

then find the correct type :

if ( m_splInfoPt->m_ppTrackInfo->m_Type & UMC::TRACK_VBI_TXT)
{
if (m_splInfoPt->m_ppTrackInfo->m_PID == METADATA_PID)
{
....store track index...
sts = m_splitter.EnableTrack(m_currentMetaTrack, 1); // enable track just to be sure

I use the VBI_TXT data type in encoding to insert my data private data stream.
I have given my metadata an unique pid (100) during the creation of the TS.

then get it from the stream:

//Retrieve new data from splitter
sts = m_splitter.GetNextData(&m_metaDataFromSplitter, m_currentMetaTrack);

if (sts == UMC_OK)
{
// Store retrieveddata in my owndata type
memcpy(metaDataPt, m_metaDataFromSplitter.GetBufferPointer(), sizeof(MetaDataFile));

Jacob

0 Kudos
Nikolai_S_Intel
Employee
Nick,

Demuxer supports 2 kinds of Mpeg2 TS Private Stream data: AC3 (audio) and VBI (textual and auxiliary data).

What type of private data do you expect in your stream? (you mentioned MPEG2VideoDecoderwhich is _video_ decoder)

What TrackType does demuxer report?

-Nick S.

0 Kudos