Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Problem linking video_enc_con in C++ builder.

janlund1967
Beginner

Hello.

I am trying to build the video_enc_con in C++ Builder (bds2006) but i have some problems when the linking starts.

I have added program filesintelipp5.1ia32lib to the library search path, but i get a bunch of linker errors :

[C++ Warning] basetsd.h(345): W8058 Cannot create pre-compiled header: code in header
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'ippsFree' referenced from C:IPP_SAMPLEMEDIAAPPLICATIONVIDEO_ENC_CONSRCDEBUG_BUILDMPEG2_PARAMS.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'ippiHuffmanTableFree_32s' referenced from C:IPP_SAMPLEMEDIAAPPLICATIONVIDEO_ENC_CONSRCDEBUG_BUILDENCODER_MPEG2.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'ippsMalloc_8u' referenced from C:IPP_SAMPLEMEDIAAPPLICATIONVIDEO_ENC_CONSRCDEBUG_BUILDMPEG2_PARAMS.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'ippiGetDiff8x4_8u16s_C1' referenced from C:IPP_SAMPLEMEDIAAPPLICATIONVIDEO_ENC_CONSRCDEBUG_BUILDENCODER_MPEG2.OBJ

... and the list continues...

Can someone help please ?

best regards

Jan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi, Jan

You can not directly link to the Intel IPP static library in the Borland environment.
You need to create a customized Intel IPP DLL based on the functions you used, and linked with the import library created by the Borland IMPLIB utility:

Please the FAQ bellow:

http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/libraries/ipp/win/ia/sb/CS-010672.htm

Regards,

Chao

0 Kudos