Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Question on decoding process.

shinjite
Beginner
So I have moved from the simple decoder to attempt to decode a whole video itself then just re-encode it. Reason being is to figure out how umc works. I'm using mpeg 2 so which uses yuv420... How much bytes do i advance per frame I've been reading this is the same as yv12 but backwords (or vice versa) - So does that mean i use same equation that h264 method uses (width * height * 3 / 2) which I would like to understand why because I have read some links that say yuv is 12 bytes per pixel... so wouldn't that be w*h*12...? I also read that 2 pixels are packed into this format? so wouldnt that make it w*h*6?

Next part of my problem is the simple decoder dies at frame 28 with status of UMC_ERR_INVALID_STREAM=-882, then that do loop exits... Well I made it so it doesnt exist and suprisingly the next frame after decodes!

This does this about 10 times again on 10 other frames - shortly after frame 428 out of probably a lot (10 second video) it crashs in ipp somewhere(after about 5 of these errors UMC::UMC_ERR_SYNC.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Chao_Y_Intel
Employee

Hello,

For yu12 data, it is 12 bits per pixel (not 12 bytes). so the total size is width * height * 3/2.
check here for more info: http://www.fourcc.org/yuv.php

For the code die in the loop, could it be possible to attached your test bistream? so we can have a further check.

Thanks,
Chao