Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Question regarding GF(2^m) Arithmetic Functions

Clayton_A_
Beginner

Hello,

I've noticed that all IPP - Data Integrity Functions have been depricated. This includes: GF(2^m) Arithmetic Functions, Arithmetic Functions for Polynomials over GF(2^m), and Reed-Solomon Code Functions.  I'd be surprised if these functions disappear all together, and I assume they're being consolidated within a different library.  I hope so anyway. 

With that said, I'm mostly interested in the GF(2^m) Arithmetic Functions.  Should I be looking somewhere other than the IPP - Data Integrity Functions? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...With that said, I'm mostly interested in the GF(2^m) Arithmetic Functions. Should I be looking somewhere other >>than the IPP - Data Integrity Functions? It was stated recently that a Deprecation Period is ~2 years. Also, try to send a feedback at: http://software.intel.com/sites/products/ipp-deprecated-features-feedback with more technical details about usage of these functions in your application. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Clayton_A_
Beginner

Alright then ... thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

Just vote for this functionality at the site Sergey's pointed - it's been marked as deprecated as we don't see any customers for it - if the number of customers like you is reasonable (tens, not one) - we will remove deprecation status.

regards, Igor

0 Kudos