Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Regarding B frames support

sivakrishna_a_
Beginner

Hi,

I am using Intel IPP h264 encoder and decoder for my program, here i am capturing the video and audio from seperate devices and i am encoding the video data with IPP h264 encoder and sending the data through RTP. When i set Bframe rate in encoder side, the video where i am receving is not proper, i,e the motion of the areas are moving backward and farword, if  i remove the B frame rate the video is proper'

I have put the logs and after encoding the video , the frames are arranged in format of IBBPBBPBBP...........I, so whether the Intel IPP decoder will support for Bframes for decoder or not, if not how we need to manage, if it supports where the code is exactly and how we need to implement in our application.

Please reply to the mail, as it has major requirement for our application.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel
Hello, Both the encoder and decoded support the B frame. Can you verify if this is a decoder problem, or encoder problem? This problem looks that the decoded order is not the same as the displaying order. For the decoder, this is one decoding flag: UMC::FLAG_VDEC_REORDER. If you add this flag for the decoder, will that work? Thanks, Chao
0 Kudos
sivakrishna_a_
Beginner
No , i didn't enable that flag, so can u please tell we need to enable that flag, in encoder parameters while initializing or need to set in decoder code, can u please tell the file where we need to put this flag.
0 Kudos
sivakrishna_a_
Beginner
Hi Chao, I have set the flag in decoder parameters at the time of initialization lFlags = UMC::FLAG_VDEC_REORDER;, still i am facing the issue
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel
Hi, Could you attach one video file to have a check? Thanks, Chao
0 Kudos
sivakrishna_a_
Beginner
Hi Chao, I have gone through the decoder and i found no where they are using the flag, so even if i set the flag at initialization, it was not used any where,so i think problem with decoder after decoding, can u tell me is there any place ,the flag is validated.
0 Kudos