Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ResamplePolyphaseFixed_32f crashes

John_H_
Beginner

I've been experimenting with using the polyphase resampler in IPP for resampling low sample rates without an integer resampling factor. (As an example, upsampling 400Hz to 480Hz).

I've created a simple test program which upsamples random data, similar to the example code in the documentation for ResamplePolyphaseFixed - however, the executable crashes with a segmentation fault somewhere inside the call to ResamplePolyphaseFixed.

The code, minus some debug output, is as follows:

int inputLength=400;
int outputLength=480;
int idealFilterLength=60;

float* input = new float[inputLength];
float* output = new float[outputLength];

for (int i = 0; i < inputLength; i++)
{
 input = (float)random / (float)RAND_MAX;
}

int pSize, pLen, pHeight;

ippsResamplePolyphaseFixedGetSize_32f(inputLength, outputLength, idealFilterLength, &pSize, &pLen, &pHeight, ippAlgHintFast)

IppsResamplingPolyphaseFixed_32f* spec;
spec = (IppsResamplingPolyphaseFixed_32f*)ippsMalloc_8u(pSize);

double pTime;
int outL;

ippsResamplePolyphaseFixed_32f(input, inputLength, output, 0.98f, &pTime, &outL, spec);

The program completes in gdb and valgrind, though valgrind reports a number of invalid reads inside ResamplePolyphaseFixed.

Any suggestions as to where I'm going wrong with this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Dear customer,

You probably need to Initialize the structures for data resampling with the factor equal to inRate/outRate. Please use ippsResamplePolyphaseFixedInit_32f before resampling calculation. Here's a sample about how to use IPP polyphase resampling. You could refer to this link.

Best regards,
Fiona

0 Kudos
John_H_
Beginner

Hi,

I missed out the line which called that function when I was transcribing the code. This is the line after spec is allocated (at line 19 in the snippet in my original post):

ippsResamplePolyphaseFixedInit_32f(inputLength, outputLength, pLen, 0.95f, 8.0f, spec, ippAlgHintFast)

0 Kudos
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi John,

We are investigating on it. Thanks.

Best regards,
Fiona

0 Kudos