Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Silent install is broken on Mac

aag
Novice

$ /Volumes/m_ipp_2020.1.216/m_ipp_2020.1.216.app/Contents/MacOS/install.sh --user-mode --ignore-cpu --silent silent.cfg.mod
Non-administrative setup is not supported. Please launch the setup program with
elevated privileges.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any way around it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Adriaan_van_Os
New Contributor I

Did you try sudo ?

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

0 Kudos
aag
Novice

Defeats the purpose of unattended install and "--user-mode", no?

0 Kudos
Adriaan_van_Os
New Contributor I

Well, the comment in the install.sh file says for --user-mode

# run installation under current user privileges

and these current user privileges are apparently not enough to install in (say) /usr/local, unless you manually add sudo.

This is UNIX. Read the UNIX Haters Handbook.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

0 Kudos
aag
Novice

UNIX? You don't say! I thought it was Win95-like, possibly more books are needed!

Now that we got the snark and unhelpful comments out of the way ...

What if I'm not installing to /usr/local? Because there's also PSET_INSTALL_DIR -- which we're using (with a decent degree of success) when running an unattended install of, say, OpenVino. And no need for elevated privileges, either.

0 Kudos
Adriaan_van_Os
New Contributor I

I don't share the UNIX "security" paranoia, as security is a moral rather than a technical issue, but still the UNIX "security" paranoia dictates that executable code goes into folders that users with normal priviliges cannot access to maliciously alter the code.

The simple way around that for the bad boys, by the way, is to  put up a password dialog box, but please don't tell anybody.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

0 Kudos