Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6711 Discussions

Some question about jpeg2000 ecoding/decoding

gluck
Beginner

I want to make decision about to use or not the IPP. And I have some questions:

1. Is it possible to decode arbitrary requiredrectangle from jpeg2000 without coping memory (without extracting this required rectangle from the image)?

2. Is it possibleto decode rectangle (as above), but with determined quality (with lessquality)?

3. Am I able toworkwith channels separarely withoutsurplus memory usage (and without surplus time usage) ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Please see my comments below

I want to make decision about to use or not the IPP. And I have some questions:

VD:IPP functionality is not limited byhigh-level sample code provided with IPP (like JPEG2000 codec). You mayfind it useful to applyIPP functions for some tasks in your application separately even if functionality of some particular IPP code sample does not cover your needs.

1. Is it possible to decode arbitrary requiredrectangle from jpeg2000 without coping memory (without extracting this required rectangle from the image)?

VD: You probably mean without decoding the whole image first and than copying required rectangle? This functionality is not supported yet in IPP JPEG2000 codec.

2. Is it possibleto decode rectangle (as above), but with determined quality (with lessquality)?

VD: this is not supported in current version but we plan to provide such functionality in IPP JPEG2000 codecs in future.

3. Am I able toworkwith channels separarely withoutsurplus memory usage (and without surplus time usage) ?

VD: assuming you mean JPEG2000 codec, the answer isno. You can't decode single channel from JPEG2000 stream.

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Calle
Beginner
I am also trying to make a decision whether or not to use IPP for Jpeg2000 decoding.

Is the response by Vladimir (more specifically point 1 and 2) still valid for the latest release of IPP?

If so, can anyone give a reasonable guesstimate for when this functionality will be made available? Is the functionality planned for a scheduled release?

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

this functionality was not scheduled for the nearest IPP 6.1 release. Please submit your feature request through Intel Premier Support to get it reviewed at the next version planning stage.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos