Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Support for functions in the removed ippm

MM_Leo
Beginner

Hi Team,

I have been using the old IPPM assembly in my .NET project . After I received the updates from IPP package I see that ippm has been removed as it was marked as deprecated. Can you please suggest which method to use for the following from the IPP legacy package.

IPPAPI(IppStatus, ippmMul_mva_32f,(const Ipp32f*  pSrc1, int src1Stride1, int src1Stride2,
                                            int src1Width,  int src1Height,
                                      const Ipp32f*  pSrc2, int src2Stride0, int src2Stride2, int src2Len,
                                            Ipp32f*  pDst,  int dstStride0,  int dstStride2, int count)).

Can you please suggest which method to use from the IPP legacy package ? My current code has stopped working and its urgent.

We have a wrapper C# class where we get all the methods from ippm library through reflection.

There we need to provide the assembly name where I have given "ippm" now. With the Legacy IPP support what should be the assembly name to be given there ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

you may try to take legacy packege ( https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-ipp-legacy-libraries) and find out this API with legacy90 prefix. 

0 Kudos
MM_Leo
Beginner

Hi Gennady F. (Intel),

From my project external reference sources I found that we have this version Intel.IPP_2018.1.156.0 and inside it I also found under Misc folder ipp90legacy_win which as I understand from your earlier reply should have the method that I need.

Can you share me the link for the APIs exposed by the same assembly(ippm90lgc.dll)?

Also,encountered a new problem using ippi.dll.The method named below threw an EntryPointNotFoundException

IppStatus ippiConvert_1u8u_C1R (  byte *pSrc, int srcStep, int srcBitOffset, byte *pDst, int dstStep, IppiSize roiSize );

EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'ippiConvert_1u8u_C1R' in DLL '.\ippi.dll',this happens in the latest IPP version.

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi, 

ippiConvert_1u8u_C1R is not included in the latest release. It has tow options: 
1)Use the old API, which is included in ipp90legacy_xxxx library. 

2) Move the APIs with the new replacement: 
ippiConvert_1u8u_C1R --> ippiBinToGray_1u8u_C1R

thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
MM_Leo
Beginner

Thank you Chao ,I used the function ippiBinToGray_1u8u_C1R.

Can you also tell me which function to use for the removed ippm function(ippmMul_mva_32f) in the MKL library?We have a recommendation for not using the legacy libraries and since we also have MKL libraries I was looking for support.I looked at the below link where there are examples for ippmX substitutes in the mkl libraries but for the API in question there was no example.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/the-alternatives-for-intel-ipp-legacy-small-matrices-domain

Since I am new to the MKL libraries ,it will be highly helpful if you could provide the API name in the MKL library for the ippm's ippmMul_mva_32f method .Please let me know if there isn't a substitute present in the MKL library.

Regards,

Leo.

0 Kudos