Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Support for writing MPEG-4 fragmented files

franknatoli
New Contributor I
Does IPP/UMC support writing fragmented MPEG-4 files? I need to write MPEG-4 data over a TCP/IP socket as the MPEG-4 data is dynamically created. This obviously does not permit random access to the MPEG-4 file which is required for non-fragmented MPEG-4 files [in order to update the header boxes]. I know that IPP/UMC supports reading fragmented MPEG-4 files, but what about writing them? Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Quoting - franknatoli
Does IPP/UMC support writing fragmented MPEG-4 files? I need to write MPEG-4 data over a TCP/IP socket as the MPEG-4 data is dynamically created. This obviously does not permit random access to the MPEG-4 file which is required for non-fragmented MPEG-4 files [in order to update the header boxes]. I know that IPP/UMC supports reading fragmented MPEG-4 files, but what about writing them? Thanks.

Hello,

MPEG4 muxer can create fragmented streams if one set (by "or" operation) FLAG_FRAGMENTED_AT_I_PICTURES to

m_lFlags variable in MuxerParams. The stream being created is written by fragments then. Each fragment will keep

frames from one GOP.

The other possibility is to use FLAG_FRAGMENTED_BY_HEADER_SIZE. Here the muxer collects frames until generated header is greater then MAX_MOOF_SIZE which is equal to 200000 and hardcoded in umc_mp4_mux_defs.h. if this condition is true then starting from the nearest I frame the next fragment is started and the current one is ready for playback.

Regards,
Ying

0 Kudos