Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6734 Discussions

Target Arch fatal error when compiling sample code for IXP

jon_wootten
Beginner
The IPP sample code compiles fine under ia32 (using build32.bat), but results in the following error when compiling for IXP (using buildwcearmv4i.bat).

C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCPlatformSDKincludewinnt.h(666) : fatal error C1189: #error : Must define a target architecture.

The stock makefiles contain a /MC compiler option, which is ignored.

wceplatform.bat contains the following, per the release notes:
SET LINKAGE=static
SET PLATFORM=STANDARDSDK_500
REM SET PLATFORM=IXDP425
SET SDKROOT=C:Program FilesWindows CE Tools

I can set PLATFORM to the Pocket PC SDK and receive the same error.

All the web insight I can find regarding this error deals with building a new VS2005 Smart Device project and starting over, which I would rather not do, since I'm sure these build scripts work for most folks.

Thanks
Jon
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jon_wootten
Beginner
Another IPP customer emailed that the Intel provided makefiles are missing ARM include and library paths, which caused picking up the platform SDK winnt.h file instead of the proper one from the Windows CE Tools directory.

Just to close the loop,
Jon
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello Jon

what version of IPP do you use? What IPP sample you are trying to build? Did you check sample's readme.htm for the possible preparation steps? What compiler do you use? Did you check release_notes to see for any limitations we put on choice of compilers, OS, platforms?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos