Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

Thread-mode in custom library tool for IPP

Mikhail_K_
Beginner

Hi,

So, multi-threaded mode is disabled, even though I can choose between TBB and OpenMP.

Has something changed or did I install something wrong?

Using latest version of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit for Windows

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Reminder:

Has the information provided helped? Could you please let us know if we could close this thread at our end.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

>>Has something changed or did I install something wrong?

Could you please let us know if you have used multi threaded mode earlier on your IPP Custom Library tool? If yes, could you please let us know the version used so that we could cross verify the issue at our end and help you with the solution.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
Mikhail_K_
Beginner

Hi,

The last version I used was Windows version 2019, Update 4, and the custom library tool had a choice for multi-threading, it worked and it looked like this, see below... This was before the oneAPI toolkit. IPP had a separate installer and the installer had a choice between single- or multi-theading or both.

I know that multi-threading in IPP was planned to be deprecated. Maybe it has already happened?

There are some few functions with suffix "TL" 

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

>>I know that multi-threading in IPP was planned to be deprecated. Maybe it has already happened?

Yeah, Intel® IPP deprecated support for multi-threaded libraries.

Kindly refer the below link for additional information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/release-notes-for-oneapi-integrated-performance-primitives.html

>>There are some few functions with suffix "TL" 

Please refer the below link for information related to the functions with suffix "TL" 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/dev-guide-ipp-for-oneapi/top/ipp-using-threading-layer-functions.html

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Reminder:

Has the information provided helped? Could you please let us know if we could close this thread at our end.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos