Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Threading layer functions

karthi127
Beginner

I am trying to parallelize a serial code on video working frame by frame where i divide each frame into number of blocks and do the necessary processing .

Now i want to parallelize the part where i process each block of image.

Should i use OpenMP or use Threading layer functions from IPPI documentation?

And can you provide examples on using threading layer functions. 

I tried openMP it seemed to do the processing but the output file is not arranged properly.

I am beginner in IPP and OpenMP

Any source for study will be helpful

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> Should i use OpenMP or use Threading layer functions

Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP) library provides threading layer (TL) functions for image processing. Threading Layer depends on the OpenMP* or Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) library according to the selected threading type. Please refer: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/ipp-dev-reference/top/volume-2-image-processing/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-concepts-1/threading-layer-functions.html

>> can you provide examples on using threading layer functions.

The source code and corresponding header files are available in the components_and_examples_<os>.zip archive inside the <ipp directory>/components subdirectory. You can go through the existing samples which are provided under interfaces/tl/examples directory for better understanding of threading layer functions.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Vidya.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> Should i use OpenMP or use Threading layer functions

Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP) library provides threading layer (TL) functions for image processing. Threading Layer depends on the OpenMP* or Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) library according to the selected threading type. Please refer: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/ipp-dev-reference/top/volume-2-image-processing/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-concepts-1/threading-layer-functions.html

>> can you provide examples on using threading layer functions.

The source code and corresponding header files are available in the components_and_examples_<os>.zip archive inside the <ipp directory>/components subdirectory. You can go through the existing samples which are provided under interfaces/tl/examples directory for better understanding of threading layer functions.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Vidya.

VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for accepting as a solution.

As this issue has been resolved, we will no longer respond to this thread. 

If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. 

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

Have a Good day.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos