cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hadipardis
Beginner

Tiled Image Processing using IPP

Hi,

How can I do Tiled Image Processing using IPP? I have 2 Images that each one has tiled to 8*8 blocks .Now, I want to compare these two images by obtaining the SAD (Sum of Absloute Difference) of the corresponding or coincident tiles in each image. How can I do that? Thanks

Hadi

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Hadi,

Did you have a chance to look through IPP manual for getting info about SAD functions?

Regards,
Vladimir

hadipardis
Beginner

Yes, I used "IppiSAD8x8_8u32s_C1R" but it has a parameter "mcType" that I don't know what value must be considered for it! It defined as:

typedef enum _IPPVC_MC_APX{

IPPVC_MC_APX_FF = 0x0,

IPPVC_MC_APX_FH = 0x4,

IPPVC_MC_APX_HF = 0x8,

IPPVC_MC_APX_HH = 0x0c

}IPPVC_MC_APX;

But could you please help me? Which one is faster? Thanks

Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

you might be noticed description of IPPVC_MC_APX enumerator on the page 16-4 of IPP manual? You also can use IPP H.264 or MPEG4 codec sources for the reference on how to call this function. The mode of full pel search (IPPVC_MC_APX_FF should be faster).

Vladimir

hadipardis
Beginner

Thank you! Yes the FF mode (0x00) is the fastest mode.But is there any faster way to obtain the SAD of two blocks? I think IPP's SAD functions do extra works (pridiction and etc). Is there any way to cancel such additional task?

Also, I think ippiSAD16x16 is faster than ippiSAD8x8 since it can use the SIMD capabilities more efficiently. But what do you think?

Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

The SAD functions in IPP were developed specifically for video coding applications. There is no general SAD function.

Vladimir