Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

UMC DXVideoRender on dual monitors

andrei_m
Beginner

Hi,

I wrote my own video player (based on simple_player sample). It opens a video file and then renders it in separate window. I have encountered difficulties with rendering a video on a Dual monitor PC configuration. When I move the window to the other monitor, the video starts playing in fullscreen on a primary monitor.

Have anyone had this problem? By the way I noticed there is no GDI or BLT renderer present in the latest UMC, but documentataion still referes to it.

P.S. I'm using IPP 6.0.

Thanks,
Andrei.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,
I think GDI video render sources still be available as a part of audio-video-codecs sample. They just not used in simple player. We trying to minimize number of auxiliary UMC components to optimize code maintanance effort, so we will reduce number of renders.
Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
andrei_m
Beginner
Quoting - vdudnik
Hello,
I think GDI video render sources still be available as a part of audio-video-codecs sample. They just not used in simple player. We trying to minimize number of auxiliary UMC components to optimize code maintanance effort, so we will reduce number of renders.
Regards,
Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for response, I could not find the GDI video render sources in 6.0 sample package, but anyway I've found out the cause of my issue.

The problem is in DXVideoRender, it is only initialized for the primary screen. To be able to play the video on the second screen I've modified the Render to detect current monitor by window location and initialize the DirectDraw for that particular monitor. (But it still does not work when I move the window to another monitor, possibly this can be solved by Reinitializing DirectDraw when window in moved to other monitor)

Andrei.

0 Kudos