cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharath322
Beginner

UMC_ERR_OPEN_FAILED is returned from DSoundAudioRender::Init() method

Hi all,
I am trying to do audio decoding usingUMC::AACDecoder class. I am able to initialize the decoder and get an audio frame successfully.I try to render the audio frame using UMC::DSoundAudioRender class after i get an audio frame successfully, but when i try to initialize theUMC::DSoundAudioRender class usingUMC::DSoundAudioRender.Init() method i get UMC_ERR_OPEN_FAILED as a return value. When i searched the IPP 7 doucumentation for that return value it says 'Error during work with DirectSound buffer'.
So Please suggest how to solve this issue.
Thanking you,
Bharath
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Bharat,

Can you tell me parameter used for UMC::DSoundAudioRender.Init()? Also, refer to directsound_render.cpp in the sample code folder to get more information about initialization method.

Thanks,

Naveen Gv

bharath322
Beginner

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for the reply,

The parameterI used is UMC::AudioRenderParams.where AudioRenderParams.info isassigned with the value from UMC::AudioData.info.
UMC::AudioData.info is filled by the calltoUMC::AACDecoder.GetFrame(UMC::MediaData,UMC::AudioData) .AudioData.info looks like the following -

AudioData.info.sample_frequency => 16000
AudioData.info.channels => 0
AudioData.info.bitrate => 0
AudioData.info.bitPerSample => 16
AudioData.info.stream_type => PCM_AUDIO

WhenI pass this information to DSoundAudioRender.Init() it fails.

But from the above information whenI set the AudioData.info.channels = 2 the render initialization succeeds.

I am sending the UMC::MediaDatausing UMC::DSoundAudioRender.SendFrame() for directx sound to implement communication with DSound buffer successfully but I am not able to hear the audio from the camera stream.

Please suggest.

Thanking you,
Bharath