Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

UMC H264 encoder problem

danielwang1971
Beginner
Hello,

I use UMC H264 encoder to encodea RGBvideo stream and then decoded itusing umc_video_enc_con.exe.

But I found thereare a few frames fail to todecode.

Could you help me?

IPP Version :6.0

The encode file is attched.

Inthis file, I gotUMC_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_DATA error in the Frame 20 and 24 decoding.

Thanks

encode.h264
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Daniel,
In order to duplicate your issue I need some additional parameters for the umc_video_enc_con.exe command line. Either a parameter file or width and height parameters for the -w and -h options...
Did you try downloading the 6.1 version of the library and running against that?
Paul
0 Kudos
danielwang1971
Beginner
Hello,

width = 320, height = 240

And I also tried in 6.1 but dosen't help.

I tried toplay by VLC media player,dosen't work.

Bestregards,

Daniel wang
0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator

Hi Daniel,

please be aware of the following:

1) UMC H.264 Encoder doesnt process RGB format, it works with YUV, specifically YV12 or i420.

2) The product you get from UMC H.264 encoder is a video only stream, means that its not multiplexed yet, though most players wouldnt play it.

Well,

a- to examine the success of your encoded video, UMC simple_player will play it for you.

b- Multiplex (mux) your H.264 video into an avi or mp4 container, then it is playable by any media player supports H.264 video

Regards,

Tamer

0 Kudos
danielwang1971
Beginner
Hello,

Thanks for your help.

1) RBG image was conevterted to YV12beforeit'spushed UMC H264 encoder.

2) I tried play a RAW H264streamcapturing from a camera with VLC media player. It works good.

Andumc_h264_dec_con.EXE alsoworks good for it.

The stream I attched is create by UMC H264encoder.It didn't workwith VLC media player.

And umc_h264_dec_con.EXE saysUMC_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_DATA for some frames.

3) I tried to playusing UMC simple player.But Ididn't get anyimage to disdplay.

Itried by DX and GDI option,dosen't help.Can you tell how to letUMC simple player to work?

Best reagrds,

Daniel wang

0 Kudos