Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Unable to open Life.sln solution file

Christopher_W_
Beginner

I have just downloaded the Ipp software and I am trying out the example Life.sln solution file. I am using MS Windows 7 and MS Visual Studio 2010. The message I get is:

The selected file is not a valid solution file.

Can anyone help ?

Thank you

Chris Walker

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>I am using MS Windows 7 and MS Visual Studio 2010... What Edition is it? >>...The message I get is: >> >>The selected file is not a valid solution file. >> >>Can anyone help ? Please open sln and vproj files and check version strings. There is a chance that the project was created for Visual Studio 2012. If Not, then it is possible that you're trying to open the project, created with some Professional Edition of Visual Studio, using Express Edition of Visual Studio.
0 Kudos
Christopher_W_
Beginner

The problem lay in the fact that for some reason I did not have write priveleges in the directory where the file Life.sln was located. Problem solved now

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Thanks for the update. By the way, I checked the project and it is created for Visual Studio 2008. Here is a string from Life.sln: ... # Visual Studio 2008 ...
0 Kudos