Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Unable to run IPP 7.1 programs

hjazz
Beginner

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a program written using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 (legacy software, that's why it's running on such an old version). It uses some IPP APIs, and I have installed IPP 7.1 in

C:\ProgramFiles\Intel\Composer XE

in which there is an ipp folder, and a redist\ia32\ipp folder that contains ippcore-7.1.dll, among many other dlls.

After I've compiled and built my program, I tried to run it, but I kept getting the error

This application has failed to start because ippcore-7.1.dll was not found.Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I also have the following path in my Link -> (Category) Input

Additional library path: C:\ProgramFiles\Intel\Composer XE\ipp\lib\ia32

I also tried to run

C:\ProgramFiles\Intel\Composer XE\ipp\demo\ia32\ippsDemo.exe

and also got the same error.

The program did run successfully about 5 months ago when I first installed IPP 7.1. Is there some settings that I have neglected to set, or is this a matter of the IPP license expiring?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Roman_T_
New Contributor I

Hi, to run an EXE that uses IPP DLL's try to manually set a folder with IPP 7.1 DLL's in Windows Control Panel (PATH inside System Environment Variables).

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Roman gave you a tip already and I simply would like to add that Waterfall DLLs ( for CPU dispatching ) also have to be in that search path. What CPU does your system have? >>...The program did run successfully about 5 months ago when I first installed IPP 7.1. Is there some settings that I have >>neglected to set, or is this a matter of the IPP license expiring? You need to verify that as well. But the error message ( ...ippcore-7.1.dll was not found... ) was pretty clear that the DLL can not be found.
0 Kudos
hjazz
Beginner

Thanks Roman and Sergey for your replies! 

I am now able to run the IPP demo after adding the path where ippcore-7.1.dll was found to the PATH in System environment variables.

However, I got another error message when running my program

The ordinal 858 could not be located in the dynamic link library libiomp5md.dll

What does this error mean?

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Hjazz,

libiomp5md.dl is Intel OpenMP Runtime library from Intel compiler. some threaded function of Intel IPP are threaded by OpenMP.  You can add the path where the libiomp5md.dll to the PATH. (it should be in \intel\Composer XE\)

Regards,

Ying

0 Kudos
hjazz
Beginner

Hi Ying,

Thanks for your suggestion. I added the path where libiomp5md.dll is to PATH, and also removed a copy of libiomp5md.dll of another version in my project's directory, and the program works without errors now.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...The ordinal 858 could not be located in the dynamic link library libiomp5md.dll It is Not clear for me what was wrong but my conclusion is that it couldn't find kmpc_unset_affinity_mask_proc function. ... 0001F960 858 0279 kmpc_unset_affinity_mask_proc ... Do you have older versions of libiomp5md.dll on your system from previous Intel installations? Also, take a look at attached libiomp5md.txt file with all definitions for reference.
0 Kudos