Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

Unified Image Codec interface and debug version of malloc/free

haerle
Beginner
Hello,

I'm currently trying out the Unified Image Codec interface. In debug mode my application crashes on deletion of a ImageBuffer object instance when it is built and running in debug mode. This happens both if the object is created on the heap and on the stack.

Do you have any idea how to avoid this problem? Creating the object on the heap and not deleting it is not a good workaround I think.

Thx for your help,

Fabian
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi Fabian,

do you use the latest IPP 6.0 update 2 UIC sample?

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
haerle
Beginner
Hi Fabian,

do you use the latest IPP 6.0 update 2 UIC sample?

Regards,
Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

I am using the samples of w_ipp-samples_p_6.0.0.130. Can you tell me how to modify the makefile to compile the libraries in debug mode? This would also help me debug my application.

Regards,

Fabian
0 Kudos
haerle
Beginner
Hi Vladimir,

the following seems to work: I compiled the uic libaries in debug mode with the following changes in the according makefiles (e.g. ipp-samplesimage-codecsuicsrciouic_iouic_io.mak):

- change CXXFLAGS = /c /O2 /MD to CXXFLAGS = /c /O2 /MDd /Zi
- add /DEBUG to LDFLAGS

Now I both have a dll version for my release compiles and my debug compiles (plus pdb files). The application doesn't crash any more.

best,

Fabian
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi Fabian,

glad to hear you solve issue.

Just notice, we are going to extend UIC sample with support for PNG format (based on zlib and libpng libraries optimized by IPP). Please stay tuned for upcoming IPP 6.1 release.

Although, your feedback is important for us to better understand our customer needs.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
haerle
Beginner
Although, your feedback is important for us to better understand our customer needs.

Hi Vladimir,

concerning customer needs: I would also appreciate multiplane TIFF saving with LZW and ZIP compression for 16 bit grayscale images.

best,

Fabian
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Thanks Fabian, we will take it into account.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel
Hi Fabian,

glad to hear you solve issue.

Just notice, we are going to extend UIC sample with support for PNG format (based on zlib and libpng libraries optimized by IPP). Please stay tuned for upcoming IPP 6.1 release.

Regards,
Vladimir

Fabian, we put it into our feature request database and it will be considered in the future release.
0 Kudos
senmeganath
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Yu (Intel)

Fabian, we put it into our feature request database and it will be considered in the future release.

Hi All,

I have a problem with Conversion of BMP image to JPEG. currently i m using UIC & IPP 6.0. but its properly working in IJL.
Even the demo application also the same result while convertiong BMP image to JPEG. please help me...
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

What exactly problem with conversion do you have?

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Quoting - senmeganath

Hi All,

I have a problem with Conversion of BMP image to JPEG. currently i m using UIC & IPP 6.0. but its properly working in IJL.
Even the demo application also the same result while convertiong BMP image to JPEG. please help me...

Please also try the latest version Intel IPP 6.1 update 1 to see if this problem still persists.
Thanks,
Ying

0 Kudos