Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

Upgrading IPP version 4.1 32 bit to IPP version 5.3 64 bit

baruchu
Beginner

Hi,

Iupgraded the IPP lib from version 4.1 (using 32 bit libs) to 5.3 (using 64 bit libs).

1) Where canI find some information regrding the changes between the 32bit and the 64bit libs (e.g. ippMalloc_8u_C1 which I used in my 32 bit application was replaced or changed in 64 bit)?

2) After changing my project cofiguration to 64bit and linkingit with ippiem64t.lib intead of ippi20.lib, I got several link errors. Is there an additional steps need to be performed whick I missed?

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
You may check this FAQ from Intel IPP Knowledge Base at:
Secondly for the linkage error issue, please explain what exact IPP functions do you use? some IPP domains are dependant , check the table 5-9 from user guide in doc directory for more info.
Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Ying S
Intel Corp.
0 Kudos
baruchu
Beginner

Hi

thanks for your quick reply, which helped.

ubaruch

0 Kudos
baruchu
Beginner

Still have some open issues:

1) It seems that some matrix functions were removed in version 5.3 (e.g. ippMul_mTm_64f, ippMul_mm_64f_4x4). These functions do not appear in the removedAPIs document. Which functions replace them?

2) When trying tolink my 64bit project (Studio 2008, framework 3.5 XPOS)with Ipp Ver 4.1 I get "module machine type 'IA64' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'", how can I resolve the problem?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos