Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Urgent help needed: Linking problems with IPP

drakest1
Beginner
Hello all,
I'm trying to use IPP to call the ippiResize() function. When I try to create my program, I get the following error reported by VC++ 6:

resize.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippiResize_8u_C3R@68
c:mpexpmpenc.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I've linked all the libraries I can find in the IntelIPPlib directory into the project, with no success.

However, I did manage to get things working if I linked the ippi20.lib in the IPPstublib directory. This however also requires that I have the ippi20.dll, ippia620.dll, and ippromon.dll present in the system32 directory. I do not want this. I need to have only a single executable.

Does anyone know what might be the problem? I'm currently using IPPv2.0 Beta -- should I upgrade? Are there any other project settings I need to be aware of?

Thanks a lot!

d.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Dear Customer,
I would recommend you to upgrade your version of IPP :-)
You can either evaluate or purchase this version. Please note the evluation version only contains dynamic library. That means you can link with ippi20.lib from stublib directory for calling ippiResize function.

At this time, we also offer IPP 5.0 beta program at:
http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/perflib/ipp/219766.htm You can also join this beta to learn the newest features we offer.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Ying S
Intel Corp.
0 Kudos