Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6734 Discussions

VFP problem when compile MPlayer with IPP5.0 library

edcedc
Beginner

Hello:

I try to cross compile MPlayer with IPP library (because I want to use some functions like ippiDCT8x8Inv_Video_16s_C1I, ippiDCT8x8Inv_Video_16s8u_C1R in ippVC_WMMX50LNX_r.a to enhance performance). Unfortunately, I got some troubles...The errors occur at link time and look like this:

ERROR: /opt/intel/ipp/5.0/pca_wmmx/lib/pvkit/ippVC_WMMX50LNX_r.a(vgidcta.o) uses VFP instructions, whereas mplayer does not
/opt/hc-300-toolchain/gcc-3.4.4-glibc-2.3.5/arm-linux/lib/gcc/arm-linux/3.4.4/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file /opt/intel/ipp/5.0/pca_wmmx/lib/pvkit/ippVC_WMMX50LNX_r.a(vgidcta.o)

It seems to conflict with different floating point formats, but I have no idea how to solve..
I use the arm-linux-gcc 3.4.4 and glibc 2.3.5. Is it possible for thewrong version?

Anyone suggestions?
Best Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Please pay attention to the list of supported OS and compilers reported in IPP release notes. IPP for PCA requires Montavista compiler not gcc.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
edcedc
Beginner

hello,

First of all, thanks for your reply. But you somewhat confused me ...
As the following table, doesn't gcc support IPP for PCA???

Mobile Applications on Intel XScale Microarchitecture-based Platforms
(Intel PXA27x Processor Family with Intel Wireless MMX Technology)

OS Version Supported Compilers
Microsoft Windows* Windows Mobile* 2003 Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++* 4.0 with Service Pack 4
Linux* Red Hat Linux* Release 7.2 or higher iwmmxt_le-gcc (GCC) 3.3 (MontaVista), glibc 2.3.2 and binutils 2.14 20030612

arm-linux-gcc (GCC) 3.3.2, glibc 2.3.2 and binutils 2.14.90.0.7 20031029
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Oh, sorry. As I remember, Montavista compiler was required for IPP for Xscale. Please submit your issue to Intel Premier Supportmight be there is some solution for gcc.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos