Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

View jpeg lossless

Boaz_Jelinek
Beginner
Hi,

I am using picnic (ipp version 7.0) for save image (gray) in a jpeg lossless format.

Problem is that I fail to view result file in other viewers that support jpeg lossless (such as "FastStone").

How can I know that the result file is ok?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Thomas_Jensen1
Beginner
It could be that FastStone supports up to 8-bit lossless jpeg, whereas you might be saving a 12- or 16-bit lossless jpeg.
0 Kudos
Boaz_Jelinek
Beginner
I save 8-bit lossless jpeg

1.jpg is the picnit result file.
0 Kudos
Sergey_Ryadno
New Contributor I
Hi,
i can not find any information about support of lossless JPEG in FastStone image viewer. it only support "lossless jpeg transition/rotation", but it isn`t "Opening Lossless JPEG". Have you tried another image viewers to open this jpg file? if yes, please share it names and results.
I successfulopen 1.jpg in ViewMed (from Pegasus) and VaryView apllications and i just don`t know another application with Lossless JPEG support.
0 Kudos
Boaz_Jelinek
Beginner
Hi Sergey,

You right, it's a mistake of my, "FastStone" doesn't support lossless jpeg.

No, Itried to view image with "Rubo", "Santa DICOM Viewer" and "XnView"viewers with no success, these viewers success with display jpeg lossless in case it part of dcm file.

10x
0 Kudos