Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

Where to download add on libs for px / mx functions?

davidalm
Beginner
I do work for someone who just purchased IPP 7.0 and wishes to link directly to px_ functions (as he did with IPP 5).
As far as I can tell (google, forum), these functions are not in 7.0 and a separate zip must be downloaded.
If so, where is it?
Thanks,
D

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,

In IPP 7.0 update 4, these libraries have been restored, please refer to release notes.

The px_/mx_ prefixes have been restored to the static generic library so that you can now include the static generic library in the same application that includes the product library. The automatic dispatcher will not recognize the generic library and will not dispatch to the generic optimizations; instead, you must call the generic functions directly with the px_/mx_ prefix. For more information, please see the KB article titled Generic Static Library Dispatching with the Intel IPP 7.0 Library.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-ipp-70-library-release-notes/

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
davidalm
Beginner
Thank you, Naveen.

The zip that I was given containing the IPP libs is nested withint a folder, "..Composer 2011 XE SP1" -- does that mean it is update 1? If so, where should I instruct him to go to get update 4? (He just purchased 7.0.)
I know that objects are missing in what I have; e.g.,I am trying to link ippiResize_8u_C3R or px_ippiResizeSqrPixel_8u_C3R -- and the dispatcher objects are there and contain jump symbols for the other processors (p8_, w7_ etc.) -- but as far as I can tell, px_ippiResize... are *not* in ippi_l.lib.
David
0 Kudos
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Intel IPP 7.0 update 5 is part of Composer 2011 XE SP1, let us know how it works with this package.

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
davidalm
Beginner
I apologize for being so slow to figure this out, but I jut cannot find these functions in ippi_l.lib that ships with Composer 2011 XE SP1:
px_ippiResizeSqrPixel_8u_C3R
or
px_ippiResize_8u_C3R.
Could you possible point me to the specific obj in the lib that contains these functions, and the correct symbol for the function? (e.g., is "px" still there?)
Thanks,
David
0 Kudos
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Refer to response in another thread.

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos