Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

about h.264 simple encoder

minh_h_1
Beginner

Hi all,

I downloaded intel C++ studio XE for windows 2013 (IA32 version, update 2). However, after installing, I can not find folder containing UMC files. Therefore, I downloaded code sample for intel IPP 7.1 from this link. I tried to compile h.264 simple encoder (download from this). However, I can not compile too. I also include files from these folders:

- <ipp samples directory>\sources\audio-videos-codecs\core\umc\

- <ipp samples directory>\sources\audio-videos-codecs\core\vm\

- <ipp samples directory>\sources\audio-videos-codecs\core\vm_plus\

- <ipp samples directory>\sources\audio-videos-codecs\codec\video\h264\enc\

I am using MS visual studio 2010. Could you please tell me my mistakes?

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,

Minh

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please use sample build script in "builder" directory described in "documentation/ipp-samples.html" in chapter "Installation and Build". The script will create solution and projects files for UMC samples.

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
minh_h_1
Beginner

Hi,

In h.264 simple encoder (simpleencoder.cpp downloaded from this), from line 28 to line 32, the compiler can not find the variables: key_frame_controls, info, numThreads. Are there any  mistakes here?

Thank you

0 Kudos
minh_h_1
Beginner

Hi,

In h.264 simple encoder (simpleencoder.cpp downloaded from this), from line 28 to line 32, the compiler can not find the variables: key_frame_controls, info, numThreads. Are there any  mistakes here?

Thank you

0 Kudos
manca1
Beginner

Do you have the appropriate include and lib folders setup in your project?

0 Kudos
minh_h_1
Beginner

I did as Sergey said. Then, I include simpleencoder.cpp to my project. When I checked umc_h264_video_encoder.cpp and umc_h264_video_encoder.h, I could not find these variables above. I am using IPP 7.1

0 Kudos
manca1
Beginner

You need to build the samples first in order to get the libraries which you'll link with your project later. You also need to include all the UMC header files (.h) in your project as well. Then you can try with the sample code given above and try to compile it.

0 Kudos
minh_h_1
Beginner

I did. I included all the UCM header files, removed simpleencoder.cpp. Then, I compiled the project. It succeeded. However, when I added simpleencoder.cpp to my project and compiled, I met the same problem.

0 Kudos
manca1
Beginner

What kind of errors do you get?

0 Kudos
manca1
Beginner

What kind of errors do you get?

0 Kudos
manca1
Beginner

btw. The sample code is not updated to be compatible with v7.1 h264 encoder.

These: key_frame_controls, info, numThread are replaced with:

key_interval, m_info.videoInfo, and m_iThreads, respectively.

0 Kudos
minh_h_1
Beginner

Oh, I see. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
manca1
Beginner

You're welcome!

0 Kudos
minh_h_1
Beginner

Hi manca1,

Do you sure key_frame_control is replaced by key_interval? Because key_interval does not have variable method, so I replaced key_frame_control.method by key_interval. The project can be compiled successed, but I can not run it.

0 Kudos
manca1
Beginner

key_frame_controls.interval is replaced by key_interval.

0 Kudos
minh_h_1
Beginner

and what about key_frame_controls.method?

0 Kudos
manca1
Beginner

All the properties from there are not 'standalone' and you can try to manually find their equivalents in v7.1.

0 Kudos