Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

alternative for IPP 6.1 method ippsNthMaxElement() in IPP 9.0

Komal_S_
Beginner
I am porting my code from IPP 6.1 to IPP 9.0. I need to calculate nth max value from a 32F image. As ippsNthMaxElement() from IPP 6.1 is deprecated, I tried writing my own method to get this functionality, but it hampers speed of the code. Is there any better alternative available in IPP 9.0 OR MKL? I want to avoid sorting the elements completely, so is there any method that can allow me to partially sort the elements and get the Nth max element ?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I want to avoid sorting the elements completely, so is there any method that can allow me to partially sort the elements and >>get the Nth max element? Try to look at how a Merge Sort algorithm is working. It is a recursive algorithm and during its merging phase it has partially sorted blocks of data. Number of partially sorted blocks of data depends on a current level of recursion.
0 Kudos
Komal_S_
Beginner
Hi, A workaround, for NthMaxElement, i'm using sortRadixDescend() method from IPP 9.0 and picking the nth element from sorted output. Hope that helps someone.
0 Kudos